Effective Date: [2018-12-01]
- Information Collection Practices
- General. When you visit a web site without registering, you can browse without submitting personal information about yourself. If you register for an account within a Service or to access a Service, we will collect some personally identifiable information from you, including your full name, username, email address, and a password that you select. When you interact with the Services, we also receive and store certain additional types of information which, in general, do not directly identify you. For example, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device including your IP address, browser type, other browser history, platform type, type of operating system, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, and the amount of time spent on particular pages. This Section of the Policy outlines the various ways that information is collected from the Services. Please fully review this Policy before you use the Services or submit information to us.
- Information that You Provide
- Event sponsorship submission. If you submit an application for event sponsorship with us, you will be required to provide some personally identifiable information, such as your full name, email address, contact number, place of work, and work address. When you submit an application for event sponsorship, you must provide your current, complete and accurate information.
- Payment data. We will collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases on our websites or through our services, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number).
- Content submission. We will collect content that you publish on our Services such as stories and photos from our sponsored events or winners of our contests and promotions.
- Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, contact us via telephone, or if other users or third parties send us information about your use of the Services, we may save the information in a profile specific to you. We also collect feedback, questions and information that you provide to us for customer support, surveys and testimonials. We will collect and use any data files you send to us for troubleshooting and improving our Services. When you contact us, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded in order to improve our Services, and facilitate the processing and resolution of your request or complaint.
- Automatically Collected Information. We will collect some information about you and any product or device you use to access or use the Services automatically using a variety of technologies. In general, automatically collected information about use of the Services does not directly identify you and the information may include browser type, other browser history, platform type, type of operating system, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, and the amount of time spent on particular pages. We collect this information for the purposes described in this Policy, including to better understand our customer base and to improve the quality of our Services.
- Information From Other Sources. We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors, suppliers, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. We and third parties we engage may combine information we collect from you over time and across our Services with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
- Use of Information
- General.We may use your personally identifiable information (including tracking information) to manage your Account. We may also use it to operate, maintain, and improve the Services (including providing you a more personal experience); communicate with you; provide you information about products and services (including products and services of third parties); conduct contests, sweepstakes and promotions; sponsor events; conduct market research; resolve complaints and disputes; collect fees owed; detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; assist law enforcement; enforce this Policy and any terms related to our Services; and any other purposes described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
- Email Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails or other communications related to your Account or the Services, or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional in nature. We may also send you marketing emails, surveys, or newsletters to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. If you opt-out, you will continue to receive service-related emails.
- Non-identifying Information. We may use non-identifying information for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Services administration, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and to improve our business and the Services.
- Retaining Your Information. In general, we will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed. If you cancel your Account or your Account is otherwise terminated, we may but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from third parties and we may continue to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy.
- Information Sharing
- Generally. We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your information to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and service providers. We may also share non-identifying information with third parties for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Services administration, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and to improve our business, products, and Services. Use of information by affiliated entities and organizations will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy. For information on use of information by agents and service providers, see Section Third Party Providers (Third Party Providers).
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law; if we believe that disclosure is needed to protect our rights; to government regulators; to law enforcement authorities; in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Services; and to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
- Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company or if we sell or reorganize all or a part of the Services or our business or assets, we may disclose your personal information, including to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Services. No transmission of data over the internet can be 100% secure.
- Third Party Providers
- General. We use third parties to help us operate and improve the Services. We may provide these third parties information we collect and they may collect information from you and about your use of the Services. We may provide information we collect to third parties and it will, unless specifically noted otherwise in this Policy, be governed by this Policy and may only be used by those third parties to help us operate or improve our business or the Services and provide services to us. We do not control information collected by third parties and are not responsible for their use of that information. Please review their privacy policies for more information on their information collection, use, and sharing practices.
- Information Security Measures
Keeping secure personal information that we collect is of great concern to us. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. When you provide information to the Services, you do so at your own risk.
The Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us by using the contact information at the bottom of this Policy, and we will take steps to remove the information and terminate the child's Account.
- California Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request you may contact us by using the contact information at the bottom of this Policy.
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
If would like to cancel your Account or update your personally identifiable information associated with your Account, you may make such changes by logging into your Account and modifying the applicable fields. If you do not want your information accessed or stored as described in this Policy, you should not access, use, or register an Account with the Services.
- Notice to Users Outside the United States
We are headquartered in the United States. The Services are governed by United States law. If you are using any of our products or services from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where our servers are located. The United States might not have the same standard of legal privacy protection as Europe.
By using any of our products or services and/or communicating with us via mail, email or telephone, you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities in the United States and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
- Changes to Our Policy
It is our practice to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page and update the “last modified” date at the top of this document. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by either e-mail to the e-mail address specified in your account, or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and you should periodically visit our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
- Privacy Questions
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.